BATTLEGROUND

Airsoft in the YubaCity / Marysville area.

The Devil's Run Competition:

A beautiful February day with no breeze and a partially cloudy sky, high of near 65.

We began the morning prepping for the Devils Run competition. Edric and Jen handled the target area and the competition starting gate. Bluewolf and Jensen took the lead as acting Range-master while Seth and Zane and Edric assisted in re-setting of the range between team runs. Kattiana took care of check-in with assistance again from Edric.

Video was shot of the competition by FlapJack and Frost. (Looking forward to it guys!) LINK to be posted.

Despite the competition having no entry fee, only five teams competed. The range had 15 targets this year, and they were set-up to give a greater challenge than in years past. All targets were within the 10-100 foot range. Some required operators to turn and look back down the path, while other sections of the course offered targets simultaneously to each side. A key feature to the set-up was to have targets which were only visible for short distances where if the team was not looking in the correct direction at that point the opportunity could be missed. Each target missed cost the team an additional 10 seconds which would be added to their time. Also presented was breaks in the target set-up allowing for the team to wonder if they had missed targets perhaps causing them to slow their pace. Targets were a cut 2'x2' square painted in OD with the standard 4" square center which the team needed to 'shoot out' for the target to be considered 'clear'. The competition began at the field entry gate and ended at Knights Rock just past Red 2.

Team Finals:

Alpha Jack          2 min 39 sec          12 targets hit

Hellfish                2 min 43 sec          13 targets hit

White Alligator     2 min 57 sec          14 targets hit

Sierra Tactical      2 min 67 sec          12 targets hit

Amadillo              3 min 39 sec          14 targets hit

All teams did well. Teams needed speed, accuracy, and sharp eyes. Even one weak link on your team could cost valuable time. Communication, focus and a constant pace were traits of the leading teams.

I am looking forward to the video! (Frost and FlapJack)

The Spaghetti Lunch:

Thank you to Edric who provided an incredible spaghetti lunch as celebration of FlapJack's last event for a while. FlapJack goes off to basic here in a few weeks. The DC team will miss him.

Missions Day:

The remainder of the day was run with as a Missions Day, open to the general public. (Approx 60 total). I had a great time.

Two force on force, followed by missions handed out by Edric as Marshal. He was assisted by Bluewolf and Jen.

I look forward to hearing your opinions!

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Which service is FlapJack joining? Hope y'all are doing well. Miss runnin and gunnin with you guys.

Good to hear from you my friend! How and where are ya?

FlapJack will be joining the big green machine! Ships this week I believe.

I'm doing well. Living in sunny San Antonio these days; working at Lackland AFB. I was curious about FJ because all the USAF basic is here. Found a budding airsoft field down here and have been enjoying some games. How're you and the fam? I hope all is well. Please tell the folks over there I say hi.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Komissar created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by Komissar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service