BATTLEGROUND

Airsoft in the YubaCity / Marysville area.

I don't know how many of you follow Evike on facebook but they announced the new Echo1 Ohio Ordnance M1918 A 3-SLR. This is a modern version of the classic M1918, but in the offering from Echo1 you can't tell the difference (if you visit Ohio Ordnance's website here, you can see they offer a Bakelite stock option in the real steel.).

Quick look at the stats:

"high quality imitation wood" (read: plastic) furniture metal body and barrel. Includes bipod.

Comes with a 180rnd mid-cap mag. Shoots at ~390fps with .2 (per evike's chrono)

If you want to pre-order this you can visit Evike. They said it is probably going to be a limited edition but their product listing doesn't repeat that. Perfect for WW2, Korea AND Vietnam load outs.

Phoenix, out.

Views: 540

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh an if anyone does want to buy this an wants gear: here's the ww2 style belt with pouches: https://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=USGBBAR

Looks really heavy... you could make  Red 2 a MG pillbox.

real steel is 19lbs. This is a field gun much like the SAW is; you don't bury it into a pill box, you move with it. This was one of the first automatic weapons that wasn't crew served in the US army. By WW2 we had Thompsons (but those were large SMGs firing the .45ACP). This was envisioned to be a replacement to the in place machine guns in WW1 that would allow the US to move their wall of fire across no-man's land. The original web belts had a cup to put the butt stock into to ease hip firing (this gun can be should fired but its weight makes that difficult) and allow the operator to walk while shooting. It was like taking the M1917 making it air cooled and loaded by a magazine instead of a belt.

Do they make a wood kit for it? That would be a nice function. The EBR i just bought ways 15 lbs and it isn,t even a support weapon. I like that they use mid caps for it.

Not yet. Matrix has one that has real wood but its stuck in China. VSR also has one, but they're $1200. I would expect one as soon as these start hitting people's hands who own wood working tools.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Komissar created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by Komissar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service