BATTLEGROUND

Airsoft in the YubaCity / Marysville area.

Thank you to all those who attended.
Three missions style scenarios were run after an initial warm up of force on force. Excellent operator attitudes, with very little need for any Martial intervention. Operators came from as far as San Jose and from Reno to enjoy a perfect day's weather on the springtime terrain.
With this many people new to Airsofting, and even more new to our field, the respawn and missions were kept to the basics. This may lead to frustrations felt by the more veteran operators however, for balance and ease it suits the large number of guests who attended.

Congrads to all those hard charging operators who fearlessly forged ahead taking ground under the torrent of enemy fire. Congrads also to those who held their ground, returning fire against the onrushing relentless hoards. A day well fought troops!

The grounds were left virtually without debris. Thank you for policing your areas and leaving no trace. 

ALEX & KEVEN: Thanks for bringing the rocket launcher and the amazing flame thrower. Fun.

M4H: Thanks for coming out again Mario. Good meeting ya' Safari, and Kirby. Great competition guys!

GROUND ZERO: Nick, it was great to finally meet you in person. I look forward to our groups operating together on the field sometime. Thanks for all the hard work and publicity.

For all those operators who can only make it on Sundays; I have heard. I will start making sure to plan both types of events on Sundays as well as Saturdays. I never knew how many more great operators we had been missing! look forward to seeing you on the field.

Again, thank you, to all who came out for making it a great day.

-Komissar of Diamond Corps

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Comment by matthew kohl moved to this forum.

had fun this weekend. wasn't a fan of the respawn rules though. with soo many people I feel a fixed number of respawns would have allowed the stronger team to win objectives. With people back in the fight in 3 minutes it was hard to gain ground. Thus i don't think a single objective was taken all day.

Matthew, glad you had a good time. We run a myriad of respawn rules at the field. On this last one, I felt it a simple way of allowing operators the most trigger-time on the field. For newer operators, this element is foremost in their interest.

Our rule was: "After being struck, operators call hit, move 100 feet/steps out of combat, and from there count to 60".
I can run 100 feet in under 10 seconds, which leaves me out for a total of only 70 seconds even after my count.
My apologies for any miss-communication.
At our veteran operator events we use a variety of different means for respawn. Maybe we could have you out to an event more suite to your play-style? We are always improving!
this was my third time being out at diamond corp with you guys and i must say, this op topped them all. i really liked having the two other teams up playing with us.
i personally didnt like the missions we were put up to doing because as matthew kohl said, they were very hard to complete and they almost always ended up being a force on force. either this was because we were completely evenly matched or the missions were extremely hard to accomplish. Also the respawning made it diffucult to gain ground and the advantage. despite all this, i had loads of fun and got into some pretty intense fire fights with people.
i would like to thank mario lara (battery reload buddy lol) michael ripley (RPK buddy) and all of diamond corp for hosting an awesome match once again!!
hope it gets even better next time :)
-Maverick
i had an amazing time M4H was great to have out and a great opponent and all around good fun Oorah chris for putting on another fun missions day i am so spoiled being on DC the radios on the team helped out figure what was going on the field
Well written Komissar!

I am glad everyone was able to make it out! That flame thrower definitely added a new dimension to the game

The highest note of the day for me occurred while I was assisting as Marshal for one of the morning games. Alex and Keven were in the bunker. Furgie stuck his shot gun in, and called "bang kill" on Alex. Furgie then engaged Keven and they both called "bang/parlay" at the same time. Rather than arguing about who got whom, they both smiled and took their walk. All I can say is OOORAH! Now that is what our motto "Honor Above All" is truly about. If Diamond Corps were to award metals for honor, I would nominate those two in half a heartbeat.

The lowest note for my day was when I team killed Keven only to then be team killed less than 5 minutes later. All I can say for that is make sure you know where your buddies are, and check your targets. Or you will probably end up like me.

The missions were tough, but I have to give props to the green team for slamming through and overtaking the field to complete their two remaining objectives. It just goes to show you what a team can do when they coordinate their actions and keep moving forward as a team. Tag team, we could have had it if we had maintained our forward momentum. Getting bogged down and staying in one place is never a good plan. You might get hit, but as Komissar pointed out, you are only out for 70+ seconds if you hurry. On at least three occasions, I set my rifle down pulled my pistol out, and just ran towards the enemy. An action, if you know me well, that is almost unheard of. Naturally, I died for my arrogance, but at least once, I came to with-in about 10 feet of our objective. So you don't actually get killed, bruises heal, and honor lasts forever. Get out there and move! =D

From a game play standpoint, I think everyone did pretty good for the most part. Many of the visiting teams were able to mesh together to form fairly even fighting forces. Communications between everyone seemed to be good on the "Tag Team" Some tempers got warm as the day progressed, but they were quickly cooled by a water break.

Although I did hear my biggest pet peeve, which is the heavy trigger finger. IE going full auto and just holding your finger on the trigger. This, in my opinion, detracts from the game for a couple reasons. First off, if you are on full auto with your gun up near your head, chances are you won't hear your target screaming that they are dead. Secondly, that person you just lit up with a barrage of 30 or more rounds is none too happy with you as one shot on semi auto would have made them just as dead, thus detracting from their overall mood. So make sure you use auto in controlled 3 to 5 round bursts if you must use full auto. Alternatively, you can always go for accuracy, and switch to semi. Its amazing how easy it is to keep a guy's head down with a shot every couple seconds.

We had some reports of folks taking their goggles off during the game as well. This troubles me a great deal so I want to stress that you only have the eyes you are born with. Despite what Hollywood might have you believe, there are no do-overs when it comes to your eyes. Once your eye is hit with a BB traveling as fast as many of us have them traveling, its over. Done. You are now down to one eye. So if your goggles fog up, and we all know how that goes, take the 5 minutes to walk off the field to deal with them. Its better than loosing an eye.

Well that is the opinion of the D.M./cook.

~Edric
team killing was prevelant throughout the day pig got lit up by the flame thrower and i lit up one guy and almost shot pig it happens when you have such similar uniforms but the flame thrower definitly added something new on the support side of things and just like edric i got a bang kill through some bushes i was laying down and one of the M4H guys started to walk up on me all i had to say is bang bang and he said thank you and started to walk away he never saw me but knew it was him i was talking about i give you Kudos and a big OORAH!!!

Edric The Chef said:
Well written Komissar!

I am glad everyone was able to make it out! That flame thrower definitely added a new dimension to the game

The highest note of the day for me occurred while I was assisting as Marshal for one of the morning games. Alex and Keven were in the bunker. Furgie stuck his shot gun in, and called "bang kill" on Alex. Furgie then engaged Keven and they both called "bang/parlay" at the same time. Rather than arguing about who got whom, they both smiled and took their walk. All I can say is OOORAH! Now that is what our motto "Honor Above All" is truly about. If Diamond Corps were to award metals for honor, I would nominate those two in half a heartbeat.

The lowest note for my day was when I team killed Keven only to then be team killed less than 5 minutes later. All I can say for that is make sure you know where your buddies are, and check your targets. Or you will probably end up like me.

The missions were tough, but I have to give props to the green team for slamming through and overtaking the field to complete their two remaining objectives. It just goes to show you what a team can do when they coordinate their actions and keep moving forward as a team. Tag team, we could have had it if we had maintained our forward momentum. Getting bogged down and staying in one place is never a good plan. You might get hit, but as Komissar pointed out, you are only out for 70+ seconds if you hurry. On at least three occasions, I set my rifle down pulled my pistol out, and just ran towards the enemy. An action, if you know me well, that is almost unheard of. Naturally, I died for my arrogance, but at least once, I came to with-in about 10 feet of our objective. So you don't actually get killed, bruises heal, and honor lasts forever. Get out there and move! =D

From a game play standpoint, I think everyone did pretty good for the most part. Many of the visiting teams were able to mesh together to form fairly even fighting forces. Communications between everyone seemed to be good on the "Tag Team" Some tempers got warm as the day progressed, but they were quickly cooled by a water break.

Although I did hear my biggest pet peeve, which is the heavy trigger finger. IE going full auto and just holding your finger on the trigger. This, in my opinion, detracts from the game for a couple reasons. First off, if you are on full auto with your gun up near your head, chances are you won't hear your target screaming that they are dead. Secondly, that person you just lit up with a barrage of 30 or more rounds is none too happy with you as one shot on semi auto would have made them just as dead, thus detracting from their overall mood. So make sure you use auto in controlled 3 to 5 round bursts if you must use full auto. Alternatively, you can always go for accuracy, and switch to semi. Its amazing how easy it is to keep a guy's head down with a shot every couple seconds.

We had some reports of folks taking their goggles off during the game as well. This troubles me a great deal so I want to stress that you only have the eyes you are born with. Despite what Hollywood might have you believe, there are no do-overs when it comes to your eyes. Once your eye is hit with a BB traveling as fast as many of us have them traveling, its over. Done. You are now down to one eye. So if your goggles fog up, and we all know how that goes, take the 5 minutes to walk off the field to deal with them. Its better than loosing an eye.

Well that is the opinion of the D.M./cook.

~Edric
Tank said:
i had an amazing time M4H was great to have out and a great opponent and all around good fun Oorah chris for putting on another fun missions day i am so spoiled being on DC the radios on the team helped out figure what was going on the field

thankz tank was fun love the field

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Komissar created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by Komissar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service