BATTLEGROUND

Airsoft in the YubaCity / Marysville area.

This OP was hosted by the Cimmerians.

This was a high altitude, snow OP. The two forces represented were the EURO and the SHADOW.

Although the temperature never got above 32 degrees it was only partly cloudy, and the blue skies would break through once in a while making it feel even warm. Couldn't have better weather for a snow OP.

Corps operators who attended: Maverick, Kattiana, Sproket, and Komissar. This was the first time I have attended a Cimmerian OP where anyone under the age of 18 was allowed. As of 2011, any Cimmerian may bring an operator of 15 years or older. The young operators 'shadow' the veteran operators who are responsible to keep them with their fire-team.

A late start for this OP as the road conditions made it difficult to reach the AO.

At the AO Base the snow ranged from 1 - 3 feet of snow pack.

At check-in operators chronoed, and received the briefing, map and orders. Both teams loaded the transport and were dropped at the AO (DZ). Both teams began their march in separate directions, orders in hand, to find the downed SDU equipment using a locating device issued to each team. Two teams, two SDUs to be found. The missions begins, . . .

1100 hours:

Our team EURO, and the enemy team SHADOW, began moving from the DZ to their areas of operation. Maps and orders having been given, each team was issued RDF equipment which allows the operator to locate or track a person or item using the transmitting device. The transmitters were attached to the SDUs until your team could locate the device and disable it. Considering the snow, the area of operation and the opposition, this would be a challenge.

Sproket took point, Maverick second, followed by Tin-Man, and Cutter using the RDF equipment. Kattiana and Komissar brought up the rear of our 6-man fire-team.

To be continued . . .

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After heading out from the rally point Sierra, we got in a single file line and started heading parallel to the road on the north side.

We trekked for a good 200 yards or so when we started to slow down a to gain better bearings on our SDU.

Once we had our bearing, our fireteam continued through the 2-foot deep snow on the way to our objective. Sproket and I were at point when I spotted enemy movement at extreme range on the lower (south) side of the road.

I was sure I had been spotted so I stayed still but after 5 or so minutes, I realized they had in fact not seen me and were advancing in on our position.

As they started advancing from about 125 yards away, we all took up ambush positions on the north side of the road and waited.

The enemy squad advanced like timid dear but eventually were within striking distance.

I personally jumped the gun and opened fire on an opposing operator when he was about 20 yards away.

I killed him but I didn't have the foresight to wait for the rest of my team to have clean shots before commencing with the assault.

After I opened fire, multiple mini fire fights broke out and it was at a stand still for a good 20 minutes.

Kommisar and Sproket listened to their orders and rushed across the road without backup or good coverfire and took out 2 or 3 before being killed.

Tin Man and I layed down fire on the left side until he was taken out and I was too a short time later.

So debauchle after debauchle on the assault, we finnaly decide a sweeping right motion would be better as it would take us away from the fire fight and get us closer to our objective.

To be continued......

sounds and looked like fun i missed another good one

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Komissar created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by Komissar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service