BATTLEGROUND

Airsoft in the YubaCity / Marysville area.

This OP was hosted by the Cimmerians, at the "WOODCHUCK" AO. OPCOM - TINMAN

This was a high altitude, snow OP. The two forces represented were the Chechen and the Russians.

Freezing temperatures, rain and snow made for the perfect snow OP.

Corps operators who attended: Dwarf, Kattiana, Scramble, Bull, Komissar, Sproket, and Robcat.

We arrived at the AO at 0910 and it was already snowing heavily. The roads had been fairly clear.

At the AO Base the snow ranged from 2 - 4 feet of snow pack.

After moving to the AO Base camp operators chronoed, and received the briefing, map and orders.

The Russians included Komissar, Sproket, Monster, Dwarf and Robcat.

Kattiana, Bull, and Scramble would be joining the Chechen forces.

0945 Hours:

Our Russians forces were to move to investigate  a local village where the Chechen invaders had been seen. Sproket and Monster moved to enter the area from the West and the rest of us from the East. We cleared the first building, and entered the woods toward the second. As the second building came within sight, Dwarf who was on point was fired upon by enemy from the nearby hill. A firefight ensued leaving casualties on both sides, however our team did eventually take control of the second building. This area we held for some time before being issued orders to move back through the Base camp and down a road to the south.

Approx 1200 Hours:

Dwarf and Komissar flanked the Base camp where Dwarf took two prisoners before securing an ammunition sled. Sprocket, Monster, and Robcat moved to the road by the eastern rout. As the sled was deposited at a nearby bridge we were to defend, Dwarf and Komissar now patrolled the road were we expected to find the remainder of our team. The snow covered road ran between to woods were the Chechen forces had taken up positions for ambush. As the fire-fight began we saw our forces moving across the road behind the enemy ambush. They had arrived behind the enemy, and a great battle through the woods and down the road ensued. As the enemy recovered to the woods, our forces pulled back to defend the bridge.

Approx 1430 Hours:

Dwarf and Komissar flanked the Base camp where Dwarf took two prisoners before securing an ammunition sled. Sprocket, Monster, a

Our Russian troops took up positions at the bridge, as we watched the enemy move in through the woods on our right, and close the distance in a field on our left. Dwarf moved into a small creek, using it as a trench road to hold back the Chechen troops in the field. Robcat kept an over-watch from atop the bridge and used radio to inform us when he spotted the enemy approaching. Sometimes taking long shots into the enemy moving down the road. Sproket defended our down river side patrolling under the bridge and back toward the wooded edge.

The enemy were close in the woods and down the road. Several attempts were made to push up from our positions. In the field to our left, a huge boom resounded as a Chechen with an RPG fired at the bridge landing only 60 feet short. The RPG fired easily over 100 feet from the cover of some trees in the field. Komissar calling. "RPG! Take that guy out!", was answered by Dwarf who took aim and dropped the Chechen in one shot from his bolt action rifle!

The battle for the bridge continued for another 30 or 40 minutes where the Chechen forces fired another RPG, and troops continued to try and dislodge us from our positions at the bridge.

A final call came in from OPCOM telling us to move through the enemy back to the Base camp.

There are many more tales of this day to be told, and I can't wait to read them.

Thanks to the Cimmerians for another opportunity to do it in the snow!

And thanks to the Diamond Corps troops who joined me in having such a great day.

Happy Birthday to TinMan, thanks for sharing the Pinzgauer. Look forward to seeing it in desert action!

And to Rob, who came all the way from Florida, . . . can't wait to work with you again. We'll save some snow for you.

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amazing AO! Great fun! Being drafted in the Chechen rebels we did our best to cause trouble. I held the hill by Alpha with support from our team. We were made up of our fearless leader Tin-Man, Fritz, Scramble, Ben, Yens, his lady and me. The wet weather made for gun issues, cold hands and such. Thanks to my new boots my man bought for me, I had warm dry feet for the entire day! My favorite moment was when the troops coming down the road came up to me and I had the opportunity to ask the enemy to surrender!

had to post the frozen robcat pic huh...

I look insane...

only seriousl problem i had were my hands freezing up...

Robcat: Hey if my hands are cold and hurt really bad, is that a bad thing?

Dwarf: No. When they stop hurting... That is a bad thing...

Loved it, had a great time.

Will definitely try and make it out here to have some fun again... maybe not in the snow but i will definitely try and make it out again.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Komissar created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by Komissar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service