BATTLEGROUND

Airsoft in the YubaCity / Marysville area.

I was recently asked this by a newer operator.

He has $250 to spend.
Needs a reliable AEG, battery, charger, 2nd mag.
I recommend an M4, perhaps a Classic Army Sportline M4 Carbine from AEX, but feel free to post your thoughts.

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

not to mention they are basically indestructible..ha

Joseph Aguilar said:
putting in my 2 cents. The airsoft gi G4s are very well built and cheaper than a lot of high-end guns. They have the same internals as G&Gs professional series of rifles, the GR-16, for about $150 cheaper.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?cPath=139_24_302

They have a crapload of multiple options for every type of play from cqb to dmr. If you get the G4-A5 it comes stock with a 6.03 precision barrel which is a big plus. In addition the guns shoot close to 400 fps which is a plus for a lot of newer players. you need to order a battery + charger though. so cheapest you could get for the gun and a battery is like $210. Personally i got a G4 and got some basic upgrades like a tbb, suppressor, and bigger batteries and it shoots really well.
ooh yah joe well let me tell you ...ok your gun is bad but the hole ship me the gun thing just is not me iv got to hold it feal he wait.....i cant get i on line...true story my good buddy Robie Robie, ordered me a 30$ gunrack on line after 20$ in shipping and 3 weaks it got to his house...a 1/6 replica of a gun rack...lol ill post photo it is so funny..he wants to return it i wont let him i told him id by it off him for a good story. .so i did..50$

Joseph Aguilar said:
putting in my 2 cents. The airsoft gi G4s are very well built and cheaper than a lot of high-end guns. They have the same internals as G&Gs professional series of rifles, the GR-16, for about $150 cheaper.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?cPath=139_24_302

They have a crapload of multiple options for every type of play from cqb to dmr. If you get the G4-A5 it comes stock with a 6.03 precision barrel which is a big plus. In addition the guns shoot close to 400 fps which is a plus for a lot of newer players. you need to order a battery + charger though. so cheapest you could get for the gun and a battery is like $210. Personally i got a G4 and got some basic upgrades like a tbb, suppressor, and bigger batteries and it shoots really well.
New to the sport myself I'd have to say this.

1. Find a gun that you are reeeeealy going to like. If you don't like the gun to begin with it, you will find it harder to get in the sport. If you like the looks of the AK over the M4 then don't settle for an M4 (just an example, I have an M4 variant myself: )). You have to play with the gun for a long time (that is until you can afford to 'splurge' on that P90/Tavor/M14 you always wanted).

2. You get what you paid for. A bargain might be had if you buy an off-brand or ebay purchase but consider....can I upgrade, can I get it repaired or by parts for it? From my understanding it will be a matter of time before you will be forced to replace a part. When you reach that crossroad it will only make the gun a "better" weapon IMO.

3. Wait. Its easy to "knee-jerk" purchase (I've done it). If the gun you really want is just $100 more then wait. A $100 more is not all that difficult to achieve. You will be happier in the long run and the gun you have will be better gun than that "knock-off" you bought at Big 5!

4. Your first gun should be store bought. You can build a quasi-relationship with the clerks behind the glass. They will help you with your purchase and can give you a 'candid' opinion of makes and models. Most will be biased but I suggest asking as many clerks as you can before you make that final purchase. The benefit behind this is that if you have something go wrong with your purchase they can help...an e-store is more trouble to deal with. Over the course of your "Sport" you will be more comfortable with your abilities to work with your arsenal and be able to fix your own weapons. Thus- you will feel more confident in purchasing online.

2 cents from a colored wolf!
what did you end up getting?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Komissar created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by Komissar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service