BATTLEGROUND

Airsoft in the YubaCity / Marysville area.

Cimmerian OP Distant Thunder was held near Truckee, Calif.

Diamond Corps was represented by two operators: Kattiana and Komissar.

This was the final snow OP of the year. The weather was perfect. Mostly snow covered ground with patches of wet earth showing through. With a relatively small turn out we split into two teams.

Both missions were search and rescue, in the great vast National forest.

With map and orders issued Kattiana and I were on the search team. The lack of team cohesion and lack of communication resulted in our team being split in two. The first part having located the pilot, began a guarded retreat with the enemy forces in pursuit. The second part began the harassment of the enemy force. After the first extraction point was contested, the rescue was made at the defense of the second. Guns blazing, all parties were lifted to safety.

For the second run Kattiana was on the "hunting party", and Komissar was to be the security of the downed pilot. When we began, Tin-man and I were very quickly found by the rescue team. Within minutes the enemy was pursuing, and we began a very exhausting game of fire and retreat carrying us for several miles over the snowy landscape. As the hunters would find us, and we would lose them again, they were slowly depleting our numbers. The last stand came at the base of a few large trees as Tin-man fired one direction, and I fired the other to repulse our attackers. For all our efforts, we were gunned down by the careful shots of a long rifle held in the small hands of the "Huntress". Downed pilot and rescue team lay dead in the snow.

Thanks again to the Cimmerians who make an incredible event from even the simplest of resources.
Great time and perfect sportsmanship all around. Nice to meet a new operator named "Maz".
Hope to see you on the field, and on the forum soon!

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

damn i wish i was there
Sounds like a blast was had. Thank you to Kattiana and Komissar for representing the Corps!
agreed oorah to komissar and kattiana
Sounds like a great OP, what I always expect from Cimmerians. Broke my car and couldn't make it, but JB Weld has got me back in the game. See you all soon.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Komissar created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by Komissar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service