BATTLEGROUND

Airsoft in the YubaCity / Marysville area.

The LZ-5 event was held at Twin Sister's Gun Club in Fairfield. Over 150 acres of wooded hilly terrain can make for a good day of fire and maneuver. This being only the fourth event held by the operators of SOCOM, they constantly improve in running their events and utilizing their field. The event administrators (OPCOM), are approachable, eager to hear feedback, and are outstanding in their motivation to facilitate operator enjoyment.
Thanks you again to OPCOM of LZ-5.
Keep your eye on this place for some great things to come!

Corps Team: Dwarf, Ken, Tank, Blazed, Kattiana, Hi-Cap, Komissar, and Ferge.

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Field: Tremendous potential. Owners are making plans for some incredible improvements. "Airfield" with multi-room buildings. Small MOUT style combat. Maybe even some trenches.

Event: The event is well designed, but needs to be run to a tighter schedule. The opening sign-in, chrono, waiver and brief went smoothly. Coordinators had plenty of staff to help out and keep things moving. With two 3-hour long missions, this can work for or against it. Plenty of time for planning, maneuvers, and separate firefights within the whole strategy of the OP. Carry a day pack, lots of ammo, food, water, batteries, and backup AEG. The downside is that the operators come away with the feeling of having had only two missions run in an entire day. And even harder for OPCOM is that once things get running, for the next two hours you have very little control. OPCOM has expressed that they have very little help from their own members who would rather "play" than assist once it's game on. The embedded OPCOM operator idea may remedy this.

Scenarios: OPCOM has been great at developing some fun hi-paced scenarios. They need to work through their scenarios to find out how they could be abused, so that these situations are resolved before they become problems on the field. EXAMPLE: respawn too close to an objective.

Rules and Honor: OPCOM must have enough staff to be able to be at the scene of any altercation quickly. Operators need to have a quick, direct enforcement of the rules before it is allowed to progress. If staff is not able to do this, operators tend take things into their own hands. Usually with a poor outcome.
Honorable operators will be hard find on a field where staff is not around or does not enforce the rules.

Diamond Corps: I thought our team worked well. I agree we need more communication through radios. We do very well when we do not get stalled in prolonged firefights. Fire and move. You guys even keep great attitudes, which is difficult in certain situations. Honor is yours Diamond Corps.

Thanks to the operators who attended. I once again had a good time with great friends.
I am also looking forward to some feedback.
yes ill give and Oorah to opcom they put on a pretty good day. there was some cheating not from mario and M4H but from some of the other tan team but out side of that and a few issues with respawns i thought it was a great day with good friends and we gave our suggestions on what should be improved on the field
thank you Komissar and Tank. Had great day cant wait til the 14th. be ready to eat guys we bring stuff to bbq and we cant eat it all lol.
Beautiful field! I enjoyed working with the team. Had fun with the CA-25. I will be happy to have my M14 agian. Thanks Guys!
cool ill bring stuff

mario lara said:
thank you Komissar and Tank. Had great day cant wait til the 14th. be ready to eat guys we bring stuff to bbq and we cant eat it all lol.
All in all the day was pretty good. I had weapon issues but that is just airsoft. The ops were great minus a few points, as already mentioned, the respon points, but things like this can be expected so one is just forced to deal with them. Some of the players on the field were extremely good players, M4H is always a good group of guys and so had no issues there. Some of the other players were not so good, but with 50+ players on the field you can expect a couple of bad apples. At times this can ruin a good day, which it did for some. I wouldn't mind going back there, it was a good time and I would hope that the problem children can be delt with so as not to cause anymore issues. If not, then I will be forced to get a bigger gun or even possibly small tactical warheads. That would fix the problem...
i agree dwarf maybe a nuke launcher
dwark i makes sure next time to be on your side dont wanna be nuked lol. but it will make ppl cal hits lol
It was a good time and it was nice being able to play with team corps (even though a couple were missing) on an away field to see how well we adapted. It was really good and I got to learn patience by being a medic which had I already learned I probably would not have been the first to die and have to walk all the way back cause I couldn't wait for the team. But late is better then never so lookin forward to next time. I guess no pix this last game?
Blazed, you were an awesome medic! Thanks for doing the job.
I have some pics, and many pulled from the M4H site. I'll try to get them up soon.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Komissar created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by Komissar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service